So...How did "Good for You Cooking Classes" Start?
Growing up in the Midwest, eating real good-for-you food was always important to our family, and enjoying freshly harvested fruits and vegetables was a way of life for us. With basement shelves filled with home-canned produce and the freezer stocked with the bounty, we learned to make healthy choices early on!
My husband (an Argentine) and I raised our family in several small towns in Argentina. There we were privileged to enjoy fresh produce year-round and we didn't have many options of fast-food and processed food. Early on, I learned to make everything “from scratch”. We are thankful that our three children also acquired a taste for real, good-for-you food; that’s the way we all cook.
Now, back in Ohio, I've become a Cooking Instructor so I can help others learn to appreciate and prepare real, good-for-you food. It's so rewarding to work with kids and share in their excitement when they realize they can really cook...and eat healthy! A special bonus is helping adults learn to make wise food choices and enjoy healthy cooking, also.
The mission of Good for You Cooking Classes is to enable kids and adults to prepare wholesome, homemade food with real ingredients.
- Are you a concerned Mom who would like to learn to prepare healthy snacks and meals for your family?
- Do you have - or know - kids who would love to learn to cook, but no one has time to teach them?
- Are you an adult who enjoys a healthy lifestyle, and you want to stay healthy?
- Do you want to "start eating healthy" (as so many people say), but don't know where or how to start?
- Are you looking for a different, fun option for a birthday party?
- Are you part of a church group who wants to do something out-of-the-ordinary?
If you said “YES” to any of the above, then "Good for You Cooking Classes" is the Solution!
- Certified Food Handler (Certification Course for State of Ohio)
- Background check
- Liability Insurance policyholder (K&K Insurance Group, Inc.)
- Certified in First Aid, CPR, AED (American Heart Association)
- BFA - University of Akron (minor in Education)
- Decades of experience cooking with real ingredients!